I am a list maker. I love making lists. This time of the year I carry a little notebook and dream of all of things I might do in the next 365 days or so.
Occasionally, I look back at the last year and take stock of what I learned.
In my spinning life in 2010 the biggies for me were:
- Learning to spin fat yarn
- Learning to spin art yarn
- And it really, finally, hit home for me about how important and varied sheep breeds are, and how lucky we are to have so many to spin with.
For 2011 my big three (so far) are:
- Knitting with handspun. I find handspun yarn so different than millspun yarn — it has a liveliness and feistiness that I adore. How do you knit it to its best advantage? What about the stitches used? What about the different breeds?
- Travel for spinning. Gotta go this year and I want it to be a big one. Maybe SOAR, or Rhinebeck or Taos.
- Color. I want color to click in my brain this year, and my brain likes to fight this one. Good thing The Spinning Loft is bringing Deb Menz to town.
What are on your lists? What did you accomplish in 2010? What are you dreaming about for 2011?