Nothing makes us happier than seeing FOs of Knitty patterns out in the wild.

There were so many great Knitty socks on display at Sock Summit…

my favorites were these Double Heelixes (Heelices?), spotted on a lunch break in the marketplace.

Stylin'

As a closet fan of Lucky magazine, I absolutely adore this “style sheet” with suggestions on how to wear your “Make Up Your Mind” tank in cooler weather.

Like paper dolls, but better.

The site also has an interview with Julie Crawford, the designer of the pattern.

A fab OpArt blanket worked in handpainted yarn.

Lucky baby.

An absolutely stunning Seascape shawl from mary.w.e .

Stunning.

And this may be the best Knittyspotting ever: “The Knitty Project” – a knitter makes something from every issue. She even solicits votes about which pattern to knit.

The most recent WIP in the project is a pair of great Pomatomus socks.

Super yarn choice.

12 Responses to Knitty Spotting

1. Mandi says:

WOW that blanket makes me think of the sky in Van Gogh’s Starry Night!! Was that intentional? Looks JUST like it! So beautiful

The seascape shawl makes my heart race it is so beautiful!

3. Marcia says:

That OpArt blanket is stunning! I’m not finding it as a Ravelry project page, and I’m dying to know what yarn that is. If somebody could find out, they could sell it as a kit :)

4. mary.w.e says:

Thanks for the shoutout! :-) I can’t wait to give the Seascape to my new sister-in-law to be at her shower in a month or so.

5. Emy says:

Marcia, the Op Art blanket is several different colors of Socks That Rock. I know Pamela (the knitter) & I’ve offered to “help” her with the blanket several times! ;) it’s even more beautiful in person than in the picture!

6. Julie says:

what a great round up, and I appreciate the shout out, too. so many gorgeous projects in this post. That seascape shawl is stunning!

7. Cindy A says:

Mmm, Seascape! I made one for my wedding two years ago. :)

8. Anne says:

Inspiration everywhere!!! I love the idea of the Knitty Project. With so many great patterns, it must be hard to choose.

9. Nicole says:

Very cool! Especially the Potamanon….you know what I mean!

10. Robin says:

An amazing bunch of projects! Knitty knitters sure are talented. ;)

11. Julia says:

There were a pair of Double Heelices that won a blue ribbon at the Minnesota State Fair!

And I won a 2nd place ribbon with my Shedir from old school Knitty! (Ravlery link)