We love to trade.

I used to be a weaver. I have an eight harness Might Wolf that I haven’t used for years. It’s been hanging out at friend’s house just visiting.

Then another friend got bitten by the weaving bug, big time. “What would you want for your loom?” she asks. Offering just cash is boring, we decided a combo was in order.

You know how a spinning wheel can get stuck in you heart? I don’t need another wheel, but wow, this wheel waves to me, blows me kisses every time I see one.

So I tell her, “I’ve always wanted a Lendrum double treadle”.  Cat out of bag, the words and wish set loose into the universe.

Last week she shows up at my door with a big box.

My new Lendrum

She found me a Lendrum. I don’t think the old owner used her more than once or twice. It came with the jumbo plying head , the fast flyer, a carrying bag and 9 (!) bobbins.

My friend will get her loom in early December.

And my new wheel? She spins just fine.

Abstract Fiberarts, polwarth, Hopworks colorway

I love a good trade.

12 Responses to Spinning Tuesdays: Another Thing I Love About Fiber People

1. Nancy says:

Congratulations on your Lendrum — I absolutely love mine!

2. Jackie C. says:

Oooh, congratulations on your new wheel! I have an Ashford traditional that I use mainly for plying, and an Ashford Joy that I use for everything else, and I am very happy with them both. I do not need another wheel. But … I am having an illicit, as yet unconsummated, affair in my heart with the Kromski Symphony. I go to wheel vendor websites and gaze at it lustfully. I do quick budget calculations to work out how I might be able to afford one. I look at resale and trade lists to search for that magical great deal that I could not say no to. Ah, well, Christmas is coming, maybe Santa has a surprise in store for me … (not likely, as I am Santa in my house :-) ).

3. Adrienne says:

Congratulations! I’m flirting with the idea of spinning but I don’t have enough knitting time as it is.

4. LaurieM says:

I love my Lendrum and I love that it’s Canadian made. It wears it’s maple leaf sticker proudly.

And now you can join The Cult of the Lendrum group on Ravelry. :)

5. Daria says:

Congratulations! I’ve been wanting a Lendrum for a good long while. Delighted that you got yours!

6. Brandi says:

Awesome trade! I love stuff like that. I would barter anyday over boring old cash.

7. Diane says:

Wow. I wanna trade with you! Got any more Mighty Wolf looms lying about?

Gah, I have been periodically looking at wheels, because I just don’t think I’ll ever come around to spindle spinning. I want to come by and just pet your new baby!

9. shelly says:

that.is.awesome.
    And I <3 abstract fiberarts.

Shelly

10. Kat Oliver says:

I love mine-now you need o collect all the cool accessories!

11. Riin says: