Last year, I finished up my gift knitting in the car on the way to see my family Christmas morning.  I presented my mother with a hat, and after she’d tried it on, I grabbed it back so I could weave the ends in and block it.

I’m hoping to do a little better this year… I’m aiming to be done the night before so I can at least get the ends woven in.

If you’re looking for some ideas for your gift list, Knitty has lots to offer!

The current issue has lots of excellent projects… mitts, socks, hats…  And our back issues have all sorts of great ideas.

For the men on your list

Dashing Mitts

Quick & easy!

The Cigar Mitts

Practical!

The Swell hat

Swell indeed!

For the ladies

The Diversify Cowl

Warming and oh so very quick to knit.

“Just One More Row” legwarmers/wristwarmers

Fun!

Branching Out

Quick and easy lace - really!

For the little ones

Baby Norgi

Seasonal and adorable.

The Toddle Scarf

Quick!

Baby Tart Hat

Yummy!

For the home

Mr. Popper the hot water bottle cover

Just perfect.

A felted Mancala game set

Fun for the whole family!

A felted tea cozy

Hot drinks are an important part of my life!

For anyone and everyone

Marley’s Ghost scarf

To begin with...

The Stocking Cap

Clever!

Matrix Mittens – in kids’ and adult sizes

Cheerful and warm!

The Paw Cozy – a mitten for dog walking

Brilliant solution to a common problem!

9 Responses to Gift Knitting Ideas for Everyone on Your List

1. Elizabeth says:

You have to admit, some of these patterns are a little crazy, but it was fun looking through this eclectic collection of gift ideas.

2. flossie says:

I’m actually making the paw cozy for my mom! Crazy as it is…

3. Sara L says:

I have made many of these for people in past years and got a great response!

I also highly recommend “Mrs. Beeton” http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTmrsbeeton.html wrist warmers for the women on your list; quick to make but fancy-looking with beads, they were a terrific hit.

4. Louise says:

Never crazy!!! The correct description is delightfully eccentric. Gotta admire the sock cap. What a loving man he would be to wear that to work. Knitter, wearer, and pattern all delightfully eccentric. Many hearts beating as one.

5. Brandi says:

A lovely grouping of unique items, love it.

6. Margaret says:

I think you’d have to call silk like that Cocoon. Really, wrapping yourself with something like that? I’m working on a linen-stitch scarf for my best friend right now, and she has some animal-fiber sensitivities (very unclear to what extent — she isn’t a craft person and doesn’t care to test them) and I’m using a 100% merino yarn because it seems to be unusually itch-less (I have a sensitive neck, and I wore it all day in my shirt collar and kept forgetting it was there). But if she finds that it doesn’t work for her, I’m taking it back … and making her a scarf out of this, whatever it ends up being called. AMAZING. She always has had expensive tastes in knitted items!

7. Margaret says:

(Wrong post, dang it.) But I’m just wishing I had time to make a Baby Norgi right now! Or another pair of Dashing mitts for myself — my much-loved pair were lost somewhere in Japan a few years ago. I hope someone found them and is making good use of them.

8. Karin says:

Cozies need to make a comeback. I want one for my French press!

9. Birgit says:

ROFL! I love the paw cozy!! I think I’ll have to make one for myself! LOL

Apart from that – the cowls in different weights are PHENOMENAL!!! Love it!!! Thanks so much!