I belong to the Spunky Eclectic Fiber Club. I get 4 oz of a different fiber every month.

I love to squirrel away a few months worth of fiber and then see what goes together for some color blending.

Here’s my latest combo. The colors are called Beans (Romney) and Changes(Falkland).

From this:

Beans & Changes

to this:

350 yards of yum

a little closer:

As long as there is brown I am happy

a bit of knitting:

Sweater, please!

The yarn knits up great at 4 stitches to the inch, and could happily squeeze down to 4.5. The Falkland was quite soft and took away all of the prickles of the Romney.

Now I’m looking for a couple of others that would go well with this one. I love stash archeology.

Anyone else stash spinning?

15 Responses to Spinning Tuesdays: A Little Spinning, A Little Swatching

1. Really pretty, how it worked up!
    I’m spinning on a spindle at the moment, some merino and soya mix from lhogan.etsy.com. It’s so slippy, it is spinning itself really :)

2. Jenn says:

I would never have thought to put those two together, but it’s lovely!

3. Denny says:

I am trying to teach myself to spindle spin while walking. I’m going to start a large wheel project, to spin and knit a sweater coat. It will be the 12th sweater for 2012!

4. Diane says:

It never ceases to amaze me at how much fiber colors can change from roving/batts to yarn and how different each spinner’s yarn will be!

5. Doreen says:

I saw those mitts somewhere before and loved them then. Would love to win the kit.

6. Lynne says:

Oooh, that knits up pretty! Can you get enough more of the fiber to spin into that sweater? It would sure be some kind of gorgeous!

7. Maureen J says:

That’s exactly what I planned to do for my spinning project in the Ravelympics. I have almost 2 years of Spunky Eclectic club fiber to use. I thought I’d try to avoid mixing the fiber types, since I think maybe one ply might react differently than another ply of a different fiber type. I’m going to have to make decisions in the daylight.

That looks awesome. I love it. You are so right about that looking great in a sweater!

9. Lotsofhermies on Rav says:

awesome! I am only stash spinning right now. Wish it was a bit deeper.

10. Megan says:

Im working on spinning from my angora rabbit stash as the little critter just keep on growing hair ;)

11. Brandi says:

I’m stash spinning this year. I’ve has some items in my stash for about 3 yrs it’s time to get it spun and buy some new stash.

12. […] pattern other than a few guidelines from Barbara Walker, Elizabeth Zimmerman, Amy King, David, and Jillian. It’s my first sweater with no pattern. I’m a bit of a weenie about it but have decided […]

13. Patsie Fear says:

I love spinning from multicolored rovings and have been lucky enough to pick up some from Noz in France which is supposed to be merino for felting. I split it down colorwise and it has worked out beautifully. I must do more and must start to dye some roving. I will use the Twisted Sister Sockbook I think and dye some in the oven. I think these colored rovings you have done are beautiful

14. blogless grace says:

Just finished spindle spinning some Optim from Ms Gusset that was purchased at Sock Summit 11 (last purchase of spinning fibre). The hope is enough lace weight for a shawl. Have to check when all is plied–tomorrow night! Mightly trying to not purchase more but to use what I have!

15. Nicole says:

Oh, this is so pretty! They don’t look like they would go together at first, but they blend very nicely
    -Nicole