Twice a year my spinning gang hits the road and goes to spin at a family cabin four hours north of where we live.

We spin and knit, watch movies and eat a lot. We relax and focus on a hobby we all love.

Last weekend we went. It was beautiful and sunny, we even spent some time spinning lakeside.

Lake view

With no work or family constraints I got a lot of spinning done – almost a pound of fiber. I spun randomly filling bobbins with what appealed to me at the time. Of course I brought three times as many projects than I could possibly accomplish.

A little Spunky Eclectic

The spinning part of my brain feels relaxed now and I feel reconnected to my spinning women.

Do you ever spin away?

8 Responses to Spinning Tuesdays: Spinning Away

1. elizaduckie says:

I was looking at the glorious lake picture on my iPad where, of course it looks extra glorious. First glance I was sure there was a lovely shawl in the foreground, “Gorgeous blue color! Wavy stitch?” I was vaguely musing. Well, I’m primarily a knitter after all. But since I’m also a spinner on second look I thought…”I don’t see any stitches, Hm. Lovely fiber? How did she get that to look as though it’s laying right on the water?” Then the light dawned. Yeah, duh! But then I was the person who drove a half a mile frantically looking for a place to turn around before it dawned on me the sign in front of a house said “Yard Sale” not “Yarn Sale”. Still, it was a nice thought! :D

2. Alan says:

A lot of crimp in that lake! ;-)

3. Tracy A. says:

I’m not a spinner – but love to get away with friends to knit!

4. Brandi says:

I spin away every chance I get. We have parties at friends camps out on the lake. Everyone else drinks I spin:)

5. Lori says:

Actually I’m on vacation next week and will be visiting my best friend in Arkansas. When she was here a couple of weeks ago I sent my Lendrum, accessories and a bunch of fiber back with her. My plan is to spin at least part of each day, and I understand that her second floor deck is nicely shaded and has views across the valley to the lake. Looking forward to it.

6. Daron says:

Which fiber is on your wheel ? It is lovely.

7. BreannaS says:

Once a month about 10 amazing ladies get together at a friends house to spin, knit, crochet, hook, etc. and eat. we call it our three F’s Fiber, Food, and Friends.

8. Carla says:

I love the way the lake looks in that photo! It is great spinning/knitting outside, except for the bugs!