Saturday I went to our local spinning guild’s fiber sale. I didn’t really need fiber, but I desperately needed some color in my life and wanted to support my local fiber growers and dyers. Here’s a little photo essay, I hope it adds some lift to your middle of winter.

The Spinners Flock has fiber sales 4 times a year.

The Spinner’s Flock has fiber sales 4 times a year.

Locally grown corriedale and mohair

Locally grown Corriedale and mohair

An armful of handspun yarn

An armful of handspun yarn

My haul, I think I was trying to buy blue skies

My haul, I think I was trying to buy blue skies

Naptime

Naptime

What do you do when the middle-of-winter blahs get you down?

10 Responses to Jillian’s Spinning: Spinner’s Flock Sale – A Midwinter Blast of Color

Well, I don’t really spin, but I definitely do the knitter’s equivalent. I pull out the brightest yarn and cast on for socks or something fun like a shawl. It’s craziness that gets me.

2. Meg says:

Oh my dog! How is it that I am not there? I want to be there. I’m clicking my magic knitting needles together right now, (after I finish this). “There’s no place like a Fiber Fest, There’s no place like a Fiber Fest”

3. Denny has no blahs. says:

Well well well, yummy. Last week I was at farm, met some sheep and got some wool.
    Time to get some spinning on!
    Gotta go………

4. Michelle says:

One of the benefits of living where the predominant winter color is GREEN is that my need for color is always satisfied!

5. Savanna says:

What beautiful fibers! Wish that was around here. I also wish I was advanced enough with dying fibers to come up with some of those! I need to get some fiber and yarn shopping done soon. I don’t have enough of anything to make a very big project. I have been knitting up socks this winter when I have time though. My children love their “knit by mommy” socks!

6. LaurieM says:

I watch a studio Ghibli film. The animation is so natural and beautiful, in never fails to cheer me up.

This weekend we watched the Secret World of Arrietty.

7. Debbie says:

Winter blahs? Psh… I forgot all about ‘em when I saw those pictures! Bright colors and baby animals! AwwWww!!! :)

8. Avlor says:

I craft and listen to a story when I’ve got the winter frumpies.

How do I contact the people with the lovely “Locally grown Corriedale and mohair”?

9. csa says:

is that a goat? i love goats! oh, and the fiber was nice too. :P

10. Candice Hope says:

Oh shoot, I missed it! That’s my middle school!