There’s only one month left to submit your design to Franklin’s Templeton Square contest.
Rev up your needles and your creative ideas, we need your designs knit up, photographed and sent in by March 15, 2013, midnight, EST.
For all of the details, keep reading. We can’t wait to see see what you come up with!
Contest Time: Square Off with Knitty
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
Use the Templeton Square pattern as the basis for a finished project. It can be anything at all: a coverlet, a piece of home decor, a garment, a party tent — the type of project is up to you. The only requirement is that the Templeton Square must be a prominent and essential piece of it.
Send us glorious photos of your creation, as many as you want, but three must be:
- a full shot of your design
- a flat shot of your design
- a detail shot of your design
The judges will be judging from your photos so make sure they are lovely and in perfect focus, no smaller than 750 pixels wide.
Include a short paragraph describing your piece, including your inspiration.
Tell us your name, email address and what yarn was used for the project.
Deadline for entry: March 15, 2013, midnight, EST
And here is what will happen:
Our World Famous Panel of Judges:
- Ysolda Teague
- Brooke Nico
- Fiona Ellis
- Shannon Dunbabin (of Cascade Yarns)
…will choose one winner in each of three categories:
- Best in Show
- Most Creative
- Most Ambitious
Winners will be contacted by email by April 10, 2013
Winners will be announced in the Surprise for the Spring+Summer Issue of Knitty in mid-April, 2013.
Here’s what you could win:
- Best in Show: Original Franklin Habit illustration, prize value $500, plus 10 skeins of Cascade Sierra yarn (your choice of in stock color), prize value $110, total prize value $610
- Most Creative: 1 set of Addi Turbo Lace Clicks, prize value $169.95 plus 10 skeins of Cascade Sierra yarn (your choice of in stock color), prize value $110, total prize value $279.95
- Most Ambitious: 10 skeins of Cascade Sierra yarn (your choice of in stock color), prize value $110
What will you make?