I’m cruising along on my spinning, with a few day break to watch my daughter compete in springboard diving at Purdue. I think I’ve spun 4 ounces since last week, not great, but I’ll take it.

I got a couple of packages from Into the Whirled when I got home from Indiana. I’ve got lots of gorgeous to spin!

Into the Whirled fiber for my Craftsy class

Into the Whirled fiber for my Craftsy class

I’m curious what everyone is watching while they spin, if they aren’t watching the Tour de France. I’m catching up on the last season of Game of Thrones, and thoroughly addicted to mysteries. Right now my top two are the Miss Fisher Mysteries and Endeavour – both have murder, mayhem, costumes and accents, perfect for me to spin to.

Miss Fisher and Endeavour

Miss Fisher and Endeavour

Where I’m teaching this Fall (so far)

Happy Camper Fiber Retreat, September 19-21st in Hartland,  Michigan (it’s close to Ann Arbor). I’m teaching with Beth Smith and Rita Petteys and our theme is color. We opened single rooms last week and only have a few left. If you prefer to be roommate free you might want to book your spot.

If you can’t make it to Michigan, I’m also teaching at the Intrepid Knitter, Intrepid Spinner Retreat in Baltimore October 31 – November 2, 2014. I’m teaching with Jacey Boggs and we both have a variety of classes, including my new Spinning for Stitching class. Take a peek!

11 Responses to Jillian’s Spinning: What I’m Watching While I Spin. It’s not the TdF.

1. Valerie says:

If you like Miss Fisher and Endeavour (me too!) you will probably like Death in Pardise

Detroit PBS is running it on Thurs. PM

That is a lot of spinning to choose from!

2. Andrea says:

I LOVE the Miss Fisher series – be sure to watch the “behind the scenes” if you get a chance. Only say Endeavour for the first time this week. Jury still out. The episode I saw was a little dark.
    I second Valerie’s recommendation of “Death in Paradise.” Not too dark, lovely accents, a bit of humor, and a good ol’ dose of whodunit.

3. jillserenity says:

I am an avid reader of the Phryne Fisher books from Kerry Greenwood. Each of them is a great read; anyone who is a fan of the series should definitely try the books!

• Jillian says:

I love the books and have read all of them. I was a little disappointed that the series is in a different order than the books.

4. Juliann says:

I would suggest Murdock Mysteries (handsome Canadian detective in Edwardian times-and a lady doctor-) and Wallander. Not the BBC version but the original Swedish version. It is more in character to the book.

5. janet says:

Some of us like to listen instead of watch–audiobooks are the perfect way to multitask!

6. Nancy Gossett says:

I don’t have any recommendations, just want to second the Endeavor joy. But I’ll look into this Miss Fisher, now. Thanks!

7. Khendra says:

I watch Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. It’s so much fun!

8. JM Bergman says:

I’m also a “listener” and love to listen to audio books while spinning. I love urban fantasy and I’m listening to Kevin Hearne’s Iron Druid Chronicles. Also discovered David Tennant narrating a Doctor Who story. And any of Neil Gaiman’s books.

Let’s me indulge in two of my favorite activities at the same time!

9. Joan says:

Love Ms Fisher and Endeavor!!Have not gotten a wheel and am very haphazard with my spindling, so I knit while the TV is on- thank heavens for the playback ability of cable TV:)!!