I’ve culled and reorganized my main floorÂ stash space.
As I was deciding on what to keep upstairs and what to banish to the basement stash, I realized I have very particular ideas about the sorting of my fiber stash.
For my new upstairs stash I have:
- a cubby of my own handspun yarn, waiting to be patterns
- all of my Briar Rose fiber, because I wanted all of something for that feeling of abundance and it’s gorgeous
- a cubby of new to me fiber, right now it’s Southern Cross fiber
- a cubby of inspirational fiber, right now it’s Lynne Vogel fiber
- most of my spinning tools – bobbins, niddys, etc
- a cone of yarn for core spinning
- my last round of dyed by me fiber because I like to stare at it
Downstairs I also have:
- fiber to dye
- fiber to card into batts
- 8oz+ of the same colorway
- luxury fiber
- more specific dyers: Spunky Eclectic, Hello Yarn, Lorna’s Laces, Abby Batts, more Lynne Vogel
- natural colored fiber that will stay natural
I also have a stash for Knittyspin.
So I’m happy that while it may not look, or sometimes feel, like my stash is organized, there is certainly a method to my madness.
How do you organize your fiber?