This is not a recipe blog, but I made a recipe and need a place to store it. Here goes:
Amy’s Protein Bars
3 ripe bananas
1 c 0% greek yogurt (I used 0% Greek Yogurt Lactose Free Liberte which has 17g protein per serving)
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp honey
⅜ cup cocoa powder
1 cup protein powder (I used Quest Protein Powder Multi-Purpose Mix Unflavored)
1 cup rolled oats
¼ c chia seeds
¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×12 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas and add all wet ingredients; mix till thoroughly combined.
- Add in dry ingredients, mixing well. Batter will be very thick, just shy of concrete.
- Bake for 40 minutes and then allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 15 bars.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze them for up to 6 months.
I used this online tool, where you can tweak ingredients to your liking and see the resulting Nutrition Facts label.
– These are only as sweet as the bananas make them, so riper bananas = sweeter bars.
– I use these as a breakfast bar. Same calories as a Clif bar (my former go-to) but more than double the protein